rs.close() and stmt.close() should be in the finally block.

I have had a problem too when closing the result set. I found this
example  on "Resin's" web site. It is not an Oracow database, but it may
serve as an example.

T.K.

public void init()
   throws ServletException
 {
   try {
     Context env = (Context) new
InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env");

     pool = (DataSource) env.lookup("jdbc/test");

     if (pool == null)
       throw new ServletException("`jdbc/test' is an unknown
DataSource");
   } catch (NamingException e) {
     throw new ServletException(e);

 public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req,
                   HttpServletResponse res)
   throws IOException, ServletException
 {
   res.setContentType("text/html");
   PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();

   Connection conn = null;
   try {
     conn = pool.getConnection();

     ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("select NAME, PRICE from
BROOMS");

     out.println("Brooms:<br>");
     while (rs.next()) {
       out.print(rs.getString(1));