Hi

I am facing a frustrating problem here.
I am having a login screen. When users enter username and pwd they are
validated against a database (mysql). Everything is working perfectly.
but some times users get a null pointer exception when they are logging in.
I suspect that the connection object being returned is null sometimes.
but why is it occuring only some times ? other times eeverything is working
fine.
I am using a class to connect to the db.
Please read the code for the class belwo

import java.sql.*;
public class DBConnector{
        public Connection conn;
        public  Connection connect() throws java.sql.SQLException{
                try{
                        Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
        conn=DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.4/WEBDB","test","tes
t");
                }catch(Exception e){
                        System.out.println(e.toString());
                }finally{
                        return conn;

In my login validation jsp page I use this line of code to connect to the db
                        DBConnector dbc=new DBConnector();
                        conn=dbc.connect();
                        SQL="select UserCode from t_users where Password=password(?)";
                        pstmt=conn.prepareStatement(SQL);

approximatley 200 users access my web application.

Can you please explain whats wrong in my approach? Its kinda critical to me.
Any help wud be invaluable
Thanx in advance
Deepak