You are welcome. Here i give you one more link
Many web administrators (admins) enable servlets on their sites by
establishing
a connection between Apache and Tomcat by using an Apache module called
"mod_jk," whose usage is growing very rapidly, as shown on this page:

http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.200205/apachemods.html?mod=bW
9kX2pr

This rapid growth strongly suggests that Tomcat installations are also
increasing rapidly. Of course, this data does not include those
installations that use mod_webapp or mod_jk2 (for use with Apache 2.0),
which can also be used to establish a connection between Apache and Tomcat.
I do not know where to find data on the deployment of these two modules.
Furthermore, some web admins use Tomcat as a web server (as well as a
servlet container), and there is probably no data on those installations,
either.

         You might want to investigate this page, too:
http://www.securityspace.com/s_survey/data/man.200205/apachemods.html
> Another question:
> I want to be able to use form-based authentication using JDBCRealm and I
> have a doubt regarding setting Tomcat for it.
> The documentation says I should
> "place the JDBC driver in CATALINE_HOME/common/lib... Note that only JAR
> files are recognized."
> My question is how do I obtain a JDBC driver jar file?

Simple. rename the zip file of oracle(which i know gives as zip file) to jar
file.
Or if that does not work, extract the files and then make the jar file
again.