You were able to do that in Bean because of JNDI
lookup.
If u want init param to available to whole context
then u have to edit
server.xml , add following in <Context>....</context>

<Parameter name="Webmaster"
value="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" override="false"/>
OR
following in web.xml
<context-param>
     <param-name>Webmaster</param-name>
    <param-value>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</param-value>
</context-param>

access this  servlet , using
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getInitParameter("Webmaster"));
either in init() or service() method.
pass this to bean. I hope this will serve the purpose.

If you want this to be available in Bean directly then
you may have to add
one more <Resource/> in server.xml for access using
JNDI lookup in Bean.
Access this param in bean using
System.getProperties().getProperty("Webmaster").Try
this. Hope this will
work.

one more query? can we add <Resource/> tag in
web.xml??

regds

-m