Hi all,
I am sending multiple list options from one jsp to another.

in my first jsp i am retrieving values from db and and displaying to user to
select them.
<SELECT NAME="prog_name" SIZE=3 MULTIPLE>

while(rs.next()){
String str=rs.getString("prog_name");
out.println("<OPTION VALUE="+str+">"+str+"</OPTION>");
}
</select>

I am retrieveing the selected (more than one or at least one)which user
selects to my second jsp page

try{
String[] prog=null;
prog=request.getParameterValues("prog_name");
}catch(Exception e){}

this works fine when user select at least one value.But if he doesn't
selects anything
i am getting null pointer exception.

Can any one help me where i went wrong.

Thanks in advance