Ah, ok, that's another occasional scenario.

A good way to resolve this is to have either the student id or their web
site registration associated with an email address.  The registration
for the web site will construct a random password and email it to the
user.  The user can't log in until they get the password from their
email.  They can't get the password unless they can get to the email
account for that student id (or the address they enter for the
registration).

JSP-
> INTEREST".
> > For digest: mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "set
JSP-INTEREST