How large is the result set? What's in the server logs? Print out some
stack trace or something in the code to see where your process is at the
time of the problem? It could be a million things!

Brian P Bohnet

Ed Ventura wrote:

Would anyone know what I could possibly be doing to bring down the web
server just by doing a database lookup? Iım using a jsp page that returns
the result set from a database and Iım consistently crashing our web server
(orion).

Iım using dreamweaver mx to pump out the jsp code but I doubt that
dreamweaver is putting out such bad code that it would be crashing the
server?!? Or maybe it is....

I mean, the code would have to be doing something pretty bad to actually
bring down a server, right?

Thanks,
Ed ventura.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] with body: "signoff JSP-INTEREST".