I am in the process of writing a custom JSP Tag and am continually

encountering the following error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it

from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/servlet/jsp/JspContext

--SNIP--

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/JspContext

--SNIP--

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24

The offending line appears to be:

JspWriter out = pageContext.getOut();

If I compile the file the compiler doesn't have any problems with it.

However, when I try to load a page using this tag I get the error shown

above.

My JDKs (I've tried 2) are jdk1.3.1_08 and jdk 1.4.1_02 with j2sdkee 1.4.

Os is Win XP Pro

Is there something that I'm missing?

Is there another way to get a JspWriter object?

Michael D. Risser

Michael D. Risser
Sr. Unix Engineer
Double Dimension Networks, Inc.