From: Campano, Troy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 11:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with JSP/JDBC insert

Hello,
I'm having a problem doing a SQL insert from my JSP.
The below code gets executed once, however it's doing 2 INSERTs.
When I comment out "stmt.executeUpdate(sSQL);" then it only INSERTs
once.
So I assume the "stmt = conn.createStatement" is executing the SQL as
well, but how would it know what SQL to execute?

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

~ Troy Campano ~

//begin code
for(int counter = 0; counter < AddDbaArray.length; counter++)
{

                sSQL = "INSERT INTO inv.jn_db_user_t (db_id, user_id,
user_typ_cde, row_crt_dte, row_upd_dte, row_dlet_ind) ";
                sSQL = sSQL + "VALUES ('" + AddDbaArray[counter] + "','"
+ user_id + "','0',sysdate,sysdate,'N')";
                displayHTML = displayHTML + sSQL;
                stmt = conn.createStatement();
                stmt.executeUpdate(sSQL);
                stmt.close();
                stmt = null;
                out.println("The row was inserted");

}
//end code

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged.

It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else,
unless expressly approved by the sender or an authorized addressee, is
unauthorized.

or any action omitted or taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error, please
contact the sender, delete this e-mail and destroy all copies.