Michael:

Thank you very much. Is a requirement that I must use Java, but your information is
useful.

Regards, Ulises.

Michael Coughlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 07:33:11AM -0800, Ulises wrote:
> > I have to read diffrent devices like sensors and alarms (by reading
> > a port upd/ip and tcp/ip) and then show its status in some graphical
> > form in a browser (in real time). The platform is J2EE.
> Does somebody
> > knows or have experience to the respect?, principally architecture
> > scope.

I believe this was already written.... in C.

Take a look at the free product Big Brother. http://bb4.com/

It runs on everything, and you get the source code.

You may also want to check out http://www.deadcat.net for plugins to BB which may be
helpful.

It executes paging programs when a service acts up. They support a number of these out
of the box. We could also execute a command line arguement with your data in it.

I only know these specs. I know no specifics.

If you want to make a big contribution you might author some Java hook-ins.

MPC