After closing the file, just return from the servlet. i.e just add "return"
after the fo.close(); It may solve.

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Jasthi Bhanu Prasad (CTC)
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 7:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Problem with Uploading file from JSP/Servlet to Client machine.

Hi all,
        I'm using following code to upload file from servlet to client
machine for saving that in the client machine.
        But, I could only see the dialogue box with "save" "Open" "cancel".
If I click 'Open" it is reporting file corruption. If I save, I can see the
size of file as 1 byte.
        Can any one help me by pointing the mistake in the code? or correct
approach....

                        FileInputStream fo = new
FileInputStream("c:\\tech.pdf");

response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;
filename=output.pdf;");
                        javax.servlet.ServletOutputStream out =
response.getOutputStream();
                        long avl = 0;