Hi all,

Here's the background to my question.

A web application sitting on WebSphere 4.x (soon to be Websphere 5.x).
On the web application we have many links to various documents (pdfs, docs,
xls....etc) and static html files.
But there is a requirement to secure many, if not all, these static
documents/pages.

How would we go about doing that?

I realize, we could change the html files to jsp and add our security code
but the problem is these html files are generated by a third party tool and
the content is often changed.   Upon every change, it generates a whole new
set of html files.  Where upon we will have to go back and change them to
jsps and add the security code.  This would be very time consuming.

Even so, if we could do this, how would we secure the pdfs, docs and etc?
Ideally what we'd like to see happen is, if a user was to have a URL and
path to a file, they would be thrown to a login page if they weren't first
authenticated.

So if any of you have ideas from both the application and/or server side,
it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Eric Cho
Web Solutions