I am sorry but it is two years or more since I do not program in C. I probably do not
remember the syntax properly, anyway I think that the idea was correct. In addition,
when programming in C we have to bear in mind the compiler we are using (there are
some subtle differences).

Brian, try the next piece of code in C which represents the same idea:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(){

    int foo[40];
    int *foo2;