Hi @ all,

i am trying to find a solution for the following problem:
We want to show a website with different content without realoding the page.
I tried to solve this problem with a combination of javascript and jsp, but
i can not get it working.

here the code i tried.
I want to call the jsp function more than once, but it do not work.
It is just called when the page has been loaded or is reloaded.
Any suggestions ?

is it possible ? or do the server interprets the code just once and then
never again? it should be possible, or not ?

the javascriptfunctions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
function start() {
 timerID  = setTimeout("getEventJScript()", 2000);
}
function getEventJScript() {
 document.InputForm.TelephoneInputField.value = "test...";
 <jsp:scriptlet>
  String reqAtt1 = "Instance";
  String reqAtt2 = "uniqueName";
  Server MyServer = (Server) request.getAttribute( reqAtt1 );
  String userNameGiven = (String) request.getAttribute(
reqAtt2 );
  EventHandling event = MyServer.getEvent(userNameGiven);
  String myStatus = event.getStatus();
 </jsp:scriptlet>
 statusJS = "<jsp:expression>myStatus</jsp:expression>";
 document.InputForm.TelephoneInputField.value = statusJS;
 document.InputForm.TelephoneInputField2.value
= "<jsp:expression>userNameGiven</jsp:expression>";
 document.InputForm.TelephoneInputField5.value = count;
 count = count +1;
 timerID  = setTimeout("getEventJScript()", 2000);
}

Best regards
Jörg Wiesmann