Why don't you append directly as a query string to URL and do
request.getParameter() in JSP ?

[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [Kiran Kumar Vedula]
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 6:33 AM
To: JSP-INTEREST@JAVA.SUN.COM
Subject: Help Needed: Http Get in java

I have a requirment to read a csv file which is passed from a property
file , and pass the string to a JSP page.

I am stuck as to how to pass the string from to JSP page from a standalone
code.

The way I coded is here:

Standalone code:

public class URLConnectionReader {
          String inputfilename="";
    String strLine="";
    String strVar="";
       int counter, numberOfTokens = 0;
       inputfilename=args[0];
       try
    {
    FileReader inputFileReaderdump   = new
FileReader(inputfilename);
    BufferedReader inputFile   = new
BufferedReader(inputFileReaderdump);
      while ((strLine =
inputFile.readLine()) != null)
      {
       StringTokenizer
strTokLine = new StringTokenizer(strLine, ",");
       numberOfTokens =
strTokLine.countTokens();

 for (counter = 0 ;counter < numberOfTokens ;counter++ )

 {

  strVar = new String(strTokLine.nextToken());

  strVar=strVar.trim();

  System.out.println("the values of each token is
\t"+strVar+"\n");

   catch (Exception e)
   {
     e.printStackTrace();
   }
   String XXX_URL
="http://localhost:8080/PGAC/Jsps/JSP/PGACMultiItemCriteriaPage.jsp";;
   URL url = new URL(XXX_URL) ;
   URLConnection urlc = url.openConnection() ;
   urlc.setDoOutput(true);
   urlc.setDoInput(true);
   PrintWriter pw = new PrintWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(urlc.getOutputStream()), true) ;
   pw.println(strVar) ;

and in the jsp page I have added a code as below"
InputStream is = req.getInputStream();
 int c=0;
    String strVal = new StringBuffer();
 while ((c = is.read()) != -1)
 {strVal.append((char) c);}

But still it is not working, please help me out in this.