Do you have a JNDI resource defined for the data source? If not, start there.
The manual recommends "If you're deploying to Jakarta Tomcat, take a look at
Tomcat's JNDI Data source HOW-TO for assistance."

If you have a data source configured, you might want to write a simple test app
to make sure you can access the data source and get a valid connection from it.
It may be that the data source configuration is incorrect.

-mike

Michael Pilone
Sr. Software Engineer
Vangent, Inc.
Civilian, Defense, and National Security
(c) 703-969-7493

[EMAIL PROTECTED]