I'm at the ACME site right now. The servers there may or may not
prove useful but the site's a good find either way. Lots of fun stuff.
Reminds me I need to fetch the Java plugin for Mozilla.

I haven't dug that deep yet but all the links I've found for JWS so far
fall into two categories: (1) documentation and (2) explanations that it
was slated in late 1999, EOL'd in 2001.

I'll keep digging.