I think Rick is too far out on the bleeding edge. Here's a
couple that I think are pretty good right now:

Web Services Essentials by Ethan Cerami (O'Reilly, 2002, Lobster on cover)
this one is not quite reference but it's a pretty concise overview of the technologies.

AXIS: Next Generation Java SOAP by Romin Irani &
S. Jeelani Basha (Wrox, 2002, Author dude's giant face on cover
(jeesh...why would any non-egomaniac want to do this?)).
cheers,
-tom

p.s. Rick -- couldn't get your link to work for me.