From: Vincent Greene [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 3:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [jug-discussion] JVM on a Chip

Try:

http://www.ibutton.com/TINI/

and

http://www.ibutton.com/ibuttons/java.html

TINI is very cool.  It is only a JDK 1.1 level implementation, but it has so
much peripheral support in so little space:

DIMM size board with multiple serial ports, 1 Wire interface (see ibutton
stuff), Ethernet, embedded TCP/IP stack, Telnet and FTP servers.  Cost
starts at like $60 in quantities of ONE.  Development boards with connectors
to let you exploit the board and develop hardware and software with it cost
around $100 with one of the boards.

When I am done with my current electronics project (keypad to open the
garage with multiple codes, time restrictions, storage of entry exit codes
and times, RS485 interface, and, oh yeah, a Christmas light timer), I plan
on buying a TINI development board and screwing around with it.  Maybe a
secure web server to check what time the garage door last opened.

It could make for a good presentation on the world of embedded Java in the
future if there is any interest.

For a more practical use of one of these, see:

http://mp3elf.net/

TINI based MP3 music player with LCD, Ethernet, IR.  Play music files from
your PC anywhere in the house - all powered by Java.