I know this august group can help.

I am befuddled (not unusual) because I have a class that runs fine in my JUnit test within Eclipse but when I deploy it to my Tomcat application it throws a lang.classDefNotFound exception.   I know that the classpath in Eclipse (that works) and the jars in that classpath need to be in the Tomcat classpath and I have gone jar by jar through those in the Eclipse classpath and the Tomcat Web-Inf/lib/ for my WebApp, yet when I try to instantiate my class it throws the exception.

There are more jars in the Tomcat classpath than are in my Eclipse project classpath, but the class it can’t find is javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException and that is in the j2ee.jar and I have verified it is the same in both paths.

Anyone think of anything else I can try?

Michael Oliver

CTO

Matrix Intermedia Inc.

3325 N. Nellis Blvd, #1