Timo,

I'm not a spring expert, so I set out to the trusty google... following article looked fairly promising...
http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/21665
Had some examples of using XmlBeanFactory to get at the info (apparently not really recommended, though),
discussion of setter/constructor dependency injection, etc. Page 3 of the article looked especially promising.

Robert
Tim Colson wrote:

So I've found some info on getting the Spring Context inside a generic
servlet.

ServletContext servletContext =
 this.getServletContext();
WebApplicationContext wac =
WebApplicationContextUtils.getWebApplicationContext(servletContext);

But where I need to get the context is inside a class that is a Servlet
Filter... which does not have access to a servlet context (presumably
because filters can act cross contexts?)

So I'm still stuck. :-(

Timo