> As an alternative to Flex and now opensource:
> http://www.laszlosystems.com/products/
>
> Before Tim gets too deep into Flex ;-).

I suspect the debate will go on for a long long time... so I won't forward
more from the flex-lists, but suffice it to say the Laszlo open source
announcement has been heard. ;-)

Macromedia announced today a free license for Flex/FlexBuilder for
non-commercial/non-institutional usage.

http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/proom/pr/2004/flex_ncni_license.html

Cheers,
Timo
P.S. The views below aren't mine...but they seem reasonable, especially the
blog entry.