Comments below....

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 10:19 AM
To: jug-discussion@tucson-jug.org
Subject: Re: [jug-discussion] JDJ: Featured article on Spring

Could you elaborate more one item number 3?

Come to the jug on Tuesday, and ask again. It will be elaborated upon.

In addition, how is scalability with regards to spring?

** There is no issues regarding scalability and Spring. Its transaction
support is faster than most commercial J2EE containers.
It is even faster if you consider that you can rely on local transaction if
you are only talking to one datasource w/o the overhead of JTA when it is
not needed. Spring is not a bottle neck. You can use it with J2EE app server
to get scalability. Let's discuss this Tuesday as I can say a lot more than
I am saying or have time to write.

Does it scale as well as EJB?

** Yes in most cases. In some fairly odd cases, there is one commercial
container that has a speed advantage in some edge cases. More likely Spring
is the speed winner. Scalability will still be achieved with your app server
not Spring. Spring can work in a J2EE app server. Spring does not replace an
app server. Spring does not (yet) have clustering support.