From: Richard Hightower [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 12:46 PM
To: jug-discussion@tucson-jug.org
Subject: RE: [jug-discussion] Spring FUD is confounded

RE: It lives on in the various ways it has spun off:
http://avalon.apache.org/closed.html So its underpinnings are still quite
viable.

Good luck pitching a project with such a ringing recommendation as it live
on in many forms...
It would be quite hard to convince a decision maker of such a thing as
Avalon, given the perception of its recent history.
Yes bias sucks. But it exists.

Pico, Avalon, and more live on in that they have influenced Spring. Given
Springs track record and that of Pico and Avalon, it would be a bit silly to
pick them for a new project in my opinion over Spring. Unless they evolve
quickly.

HiveMind is a given if you are using Tapestry (at some level). You can use
tapestry, Spring and Hivemind on the same project.

JSF comes with its own IoC container. You have to use it at some level. You
can use JSF, and Spring on the same project.

(last comment for me.... I am having too much fun. I gotta get back to
work!)