Hate to actually do Microsofts job here, but when/if longhorn comes out
it will actually have FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER a real scripting
environment.  I think it is currently code named "monad". I saw a demo
of it in Redmond.   The cool things you could do with it if Office was
installed include.

wget to get the log. Import into excel. generate a pie chart. email
attachement to person(s).

You may have to do a little prep work in the excel template, but you
could then email the log results (presumably site usage statistics or
something) directly to the marketing department and skip the developer
all together.  Ofcourse if these are error logs you might have other
ideas.
-Todd

Todd R. Ellermann
President PHXJUG.org