Is there interest in having these guys present?

http://azulsystems.com/

-warner

Begin forwarded message:

What Has Azul Introduced?

Azul has introduced a Network-Attached- Compute Appliance; that is a system targeted at virtual-machine based applications such as those using the Java(TM) platform today and in the future Microsoft (R) .Net(TM) & SAP- NetWeaver. Multiple appliances can form, what we call, seamless compute pools allowing tens to hundreds of applications to aggregate and share a common managed resource within this “Virtual Machine Ecosystem”.

The Azul Compute Appliances eliminate capacity planning at the application level, absolutely achieve consolidation results by reducing the number of servers required to build out a data center, as well as simplify management, all without any application-level modifications, binary compatibility requirements, or operating system dependencies.

Density, power, and cooling requirements are critical considerations in data centers today and an area where Azul delivers revolutionary economics. Our largest appliance comes with 384 coherent processor cores and 256 GB of memory, the Azul Compute Appliance 3840 is rack-mountable occupying no more than 11u of rack space and drawing only 2.7 KW of power. Just imagine a 384 processor-core system that is the size of a microwave oven and utilizes the power of a hair-dryer. We also have verisions with 96 & 192 coherent processor cores.

The separating of the "compute" from the "computer" enables the creation of “compute pools” that can be accessed from any server on the network without requiring any changes to applications or existing infrastructure; other than server reduction. It also reduces the complexity of managing a multi-tenant shared environment. Azul Systems' policy-based Compute Pool Manager provides flexible, central control of application resources, adapting to changing application workloads in real-time.

Regards