Hey Folks,

I'm building an XMLSchema for a project and would like to
generate multiple instances of the schema for testing purposes.
That is, given the XML Schema (a grammar), I want to produce
2000 instances/messages/documents that conform to the schema
(strings in the language defined by the grammar).

I'm surprised that I can't find a tool to do this....surely running
the grammar in reverse (to generate rather than parse) has to be an
obvious and useful idea. Has anyone seen anything like this?
        thanks,
        -tom

p.s. I did find one tool called 'xmlgen' at msv.dev.java.net/ but the
documentation sucked, there were no examples, and my
guesswork did not succeed in getting even one document generated.