Hey I know a bunch of us have Macs that are becoming quite advanced in years (mine is now over 2 years old). I have recently found that I cannot justify getting the slick new Core Duo MacBookPro because my powerbook has no obvious deficiencies. I have aPBook G4 1.5 with 1 gb of ram and it has done everything I have ever asked it to extremely well (from JBoss, to a Solaris port of BEA, to every version of Eclipse, to Dreamweaver, to World of Warcraft). The same goes for my wife's iBook 1.25 (1.25 GB ram) which in some ways is more dependable than my powerbook. I'm wondering (Nick, Art, Warner, Rick, et al.) if others on the list are having similar or very different experiences with their post- adolescent (in relative terms) Apples.

Thanks,
Jt