If you want to stick with Ant but are more familiar with Java you could use Gant (Groovy Ant scripting).

http://groovy.codehaus.org/Gant

-warner

On Dec 23, 2006, at 9:54 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:

Without starting a flame-war... ;)
I'm about to embark on updating a very brittle build process. It's
currently based on a combination of relying on the IDE + a bit of ant
In all honesty, I know make better than I know any other build tool, but
I'd rather not do this build in make. So, I'm looking for some input
into what build tool(s) you use, and why? Thanks!

Robert

Warner Onstine - Programmer/Author
New book! Tapestry 101 available at sourcebeat.com/books/ tapestrylive.html
[EMAIL PROTECTED]