We have been doing a bunch of research with different languages, and things
that come up:
How to talk to a database?
Conditionals
Loops
how to package stuff (CPAN for perl, Jar's for Java, Gem's for Ruby)
Concatenation  <<< Strings especially
Variable Declaration & Scope
Object Definition and Instantiation
Interfaces possible?
How to print to Standard Err/Out << for debuggin
API for talking web stuff  Sessions, Request Response

Then I usually jump into the ORM and the popular Web Framework or Templating
Language
Config Files and Logging come up quickly as well.

Todd R. Ellermann
Chairman PHXJUG.org
Director of I.T. Services IPower.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
602-738-6187 cell

Does getting an ASU MBA with existing UofA BSCE make me a SunCat? or a
WildDevil?