On 5/31/07, Warner Onstine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This I think is pretty slick, offline Web apps through a browser
plugin (firefox, IE,  windows, mac, and linux).

I think it's slick too.

http://gears.google.com

They provide an API that lets you run your Web application in offline
mode. Now some people don't get this:
http://www.37signals.com/svn/posts/347-youre-not-on-a-fucking-plane-
and-if-you-are-it-doesnt-matter

Yeah, some people don't get it.  I'm sure he has a cellphone dongle
thingy for his Macbook, but not everyone is the D to the H H.    I
sure don't have one...  If the world makes One Laptop Per Child
widespread, then I'm positive that everyone won't have one.

Where does everyone see this thing going?

I can't wait until they get Google docs offline.  I don't care about
features, all I want is a consistent cross-platform office suite.  NO,
OpenOffice is not it, I just created a presentation on my Mac,
standard fonts, text only, no background, and it formats like crap on
Linux.

-- Chad