Special announcement for tonight! We will be raffling off a ticket to NFJS, so make sure you show up!

Event:  2007 Desert Southwest Software Symposium
Date:    July 27-29, 2007
Location:  Crowne Plaza Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport Hotel

-warner

On Jun 11, 2007, at 3:25 PM, Warner Onstine wrote:

Just a reminder about tomorrow's meeting, we have a special presenter from No Fluff Just Stuff coming in June! Ted Neward will be speaking on "The Busy Java Developer's Guide to Debugging and Monitoring". Next month will be the James' and my presentation on Laszlo and Flex.

As usual meeting location and time can be found on the Web site - http://www.tucson-jug.org/display/TJUG/Meetings .

The Busy Java Developer's Guide to Debugging and Monitoring
Bugs? We all know your code has no bugs, but someday, you're going to find yourself tracking down a bug in somebody else's code, and that's when it's going to be helpful to make use of the wealth of tools that the Java Standard Platform makes available to you--tools that your IDE may not know exist, tools that you can make use of even within a production environment. Learn to use jdb, jconsole, jps, jstat, and other tools to identify and squash software defects that just won't reveal themselves during development. Then, just in case those tools aren't enough for you, we'll look at how to write your own, special-purpose tools using the same technology backplane.

Ted Neward
Ted Neward is an independent consultant specializing in high-scale enterprise systems, working with clients ranging in size from Fortune 500 corporations to small 20-person shops. He speaks on the conference circuit, including the No Fluff Just Stuff Symposium tour, discussing Java, .NET and XML service technologies, focusing on Java-.NET interoperability. He has written several widely- recognized books in both the Java and .NET space, including the recently-released "Effective Enterprise Java". He lives in the Pacific Northwest with his wife, two sons, two cats, and eight PCs.

I look forward to seeing everyone there, Ted is a great speaker (as are all the speakers at No Fluff) and I hope to see everyone for July's meeting for Flex vs. Laszlo.

-warner