Hi all,

Earlier this year I was working at a university in France for 3
months, and amongst other things started work on a website
for them.  I got into JSP and servlets, which are new for me,
but in the limited time available and delays in the hardware
being delivered, I only started investigating these, and spent
most of my time writing the client-side code, as well as doing
some real science.

Anyway, I'm going back to France at the end of the month to
work there for a further 6 months, and I'm interested in knowing
more about server-side programming.  By chance I was in
Bookmans today and saw a book called "Professional Java
Server Programming J2EE Edition" published by Wrox with a
large number of authors.  It is over 1600 pages long and is on
sale for $30.  The edition is for 2000 with ISBN 1-861004-65-6.

A quick check on Amazon shows there is a 2001 edition, but
I didn't see any later editions.  Are there any, and if not, is the
2001 edition significantly different from the 2000 edition?  Would
you recommend this book, and if there is an addition later than
2001 should I get it?  If I can get the 2000 edition from
Bookmans, would that be good enough.

I would most appreciate some advice on this.  On another matter,
I registered the company CS-CUBED LLC here in Tucson, which
has just been approved, and have just got up a preliminary website
at cs-cubed.com .  So far I have at least one customer and there
are more possibilities.  The fact that I will be out of the USA should
not prevent me from attracting other business.

Christopher Sharp