Considering all the OT stuff I've posted over the years I hope the group can stand one more from me! :)

A start-up I'm involved with, Good Call Sports, was fortunate to be selected as one of twenty-five $25,000 winners in the first round of the most recent Facebook Fund (fbFund) competition. Now those twenty-five winners are competing for five $225,000 prizes in the second round of the competition.

The idea of our game, Good Call Football, is simple: You watch a football game on TV, and with a beverage in one hand and a mouse in the other, you predict the next play: run or pass; left, middle, right; etc. Referees in our high-tech control center (much like CTU) halt predictions just before the snap of the ball and then enter a result when the play has been run. Scores are calculated and a new leader board is broadcast. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If you're a Facebook user and a football fan, let me encourage you to browse over to our game the next time you're watching NFL football. Our game can be found at http://apps.facebook.com/goodcallfootball/. The Play tab has a schedule of the games we'll be running in the near future. Our next game is the Jets at New England (NFL Network), Thursday at 6:15 MST.

If you like it, tell your football fan friends and vote for us daily through November 30 at http://apps.facebook.com/fbfundvote/. If you hate the game and/or hate me for posting this plug, then smite us by voting daily for all our competitors!

Here's a link to a story about the fbFund competition: http://venturebeat.com/2008/10/15/facebook-announces-the-latest-apps-to-win-fbfund-support/

If you're at the Startup Drinks meeting tonight (Nov 12), I'll tell you a couple of stories about this start-up adventure thus far.
http://tucson.startupdrinks.com/2008/11/05/delayed-for-another-week/