(m)

-----Original Message-----
From: "Frans Thamura" <fr...@meruvian.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:52:28
To: <us...@java-champions.dev.java.net>
Subject: Fw: [jug-leaders] The Backlash Begins: Google Pulls out of JavaOne

(m)

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Vivien <vladimir.viv...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:02:30
To: <jug-lead...@jugs.dev.java.net>
This is from Josh Bloch.  Sad state of affairs for all Java developers
caught in the middle.

An update on
JavaOne<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/GoogleCodeNews/~3/qaotZR0KlBI/update-on-javaone.html>
Like many of you, every year we look forward to the workshops, conferences
and events related to open source software. In our view, these are among the
best ways we can engage the community, by sharing our experiences and
learning from yours. So we’re sad to announce that we won't be able to
present at JavaOne this year. We wish that we could, but Oracle’s recent
lawsuit against Google and open source has made it impossible for us to
freely share our thoughts about the future of Java and open source
generally. This is a painful realization for us, as we've participated in
every JavaOne since 2004, and I personally have spoken at all but the first
in 1996.

We understand that this may disappoint and inconvenience many of you, but we
look forward to presenting at other venues soon. We’re proud to participate
in the open source Java community, and look forward to finding additional
ways to engage and contribute.

By Joshua Bloch, Google Open Source Programs Office

--
Vladimir Vivien

Kirim email ke