Hi all,

a lot of juggling festivals are now finally returning after a pandemic
pause. Here are a couple of upcoming ones within driving distance. Let us
know if you are interested in joining:

*March 3-5 -- Pocono Juggle/Circus Arts Fest (~5h drive to east/central PA)*

This is a smallish but nice and friendly local festival that some of us
have been too in the past. They attract a lot of jugglers from the New York
and Philly region and usually bring in some good acts for the show.

*March 24-26 -- RIT Juggling Festival (5h drive to upstate NY)*

This is one of the largest and best local juggling festivals in the US
(usually >300 jugglers). We have been going as a group pretty much every
year. If you can only make one, try this one.

*Late April/early May -- Congress of Jugglers (bus or 4h drive to DC)*

Smallish festival at the UMD campus near DC which we have attended a couple
of times. Usually very informal and organized at the last minute. No date
announced yet for this year, but usually around Mother's Day.

*June 9-1 -- Philly Fest 2023 Juggling Festival (train, bus, or 6h drive)*

Smallish festival at the circus school in Philadelphia. Moved to the summer
this year. Very nice space in the circus school.

*July 17-23 -- IJA (train or 6h drive to IN)*

Weeklong national juggling festival with about 400 attendees and lots of
shows. Somewhat pricy to attend. Within driving distance this year.

Most festivals except IJA are free and charge maybe $10-20 for the show.
Juggling festivals are very informal, like long juggling club meetings with
workshops and a show. Happy to tell you more about them if you have never
been too one. We often go as a group and share accommodations. The CMU
juggling club usually has funds to support car rental, gas, tolls, or even
hotels for a trip. I suspect that I'll attend all of these except Poconos.
If you are interested let us know at some of our meetings.

Others: We might try to do our own (*FluggleBurgh*) again in the fall if we
find a space, stay tuned. *Cleveland* also used to have one in September.
If you are up for flying to a festival, I can really recommend *Mondo* in
St. Paul, Minneapolis March 3-5. I'd say RIT and Mondo are the best
festivals in the US; Mondo has lots of unicyclists too. The big European
festival *EJC* usually has >3000 jugglers but is still in flux for this
year. If you are into passing, there is an underground weeklong
passing-only festival *Passout* in Arkansas in May and in the Netherlands
in December that I can share more details about.

Generally Juggling Edge is pretty good for keeping up with festivals:
https://jugglingedge.com/events.php?Region=us&TimeFrame=Future&;

Best regards,
Christian