There's a problem currently with the null provider, where you have to set
the default-series to be the same as what the bootstrap host is running.
I'm working on fixing that now. This is slightly tricky to fix, because
currently the tools are filtered up front (by default-series) and then
provided to Environ.Bootstrap.

I've got a CL here which gets around this, but it's not a nice thing to
have to do:
https://codereview.appspot.com/14433058/

I'm currently working on making it the responsibility of Environ.Bootstrap
to locate bootstrap tools, and automatically sync them if needed. The
changes will mean tools syncing will need change a bit, or it's going to
get messy fast.

So I'd like to see what people think of this:
 - Keep "juju bootstrap --upload-tools", but make that the only time we
attempt to upload during "juju bootstrap". There will not be any automatic
upload if tools aren't found and syncing fails.
 - Remove the option to specify a tools source. If you really want to do
that, use juju sync-tools.

Reasonable?

Cheers,
Andrew