On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM, William Reade <william.re...@canonical.com
> wrote:

> The service watch fires on any change to the document, and adding a unit
> increments the service's unitcount field. The easy fix is to wrap the
> service watcher so that it discards irrelevant changes; the hard fix
> (schema change!) is to move the refcounts into their own docs, as we do
> elsewhere in state.

In fact, the only relevant service change *is* the CharmURL change -- we
should just explicitly watch that alone, and drop the service-life handling
(when the service becomes Dying, the API server handles setting the units
to Dying already; and rather than special-casing the can't-happen handling
of service-Dead we can just drop it entirely).