Morning folks

so far I have requests for:

mongo (default shell)

mongoexport (used in new juju backup plugin)

mongodump/mongorestore (useful)

I'm keen we don't bloat out the 'server' package to much - the
binaries are quite large due to the requirement to statically link v8.

Which of these is core to the function of juju, and which are useful
for debugging?  Please also that the mongodb-clients package will
still be available in universe so you will always be able to get any
of the client tools that way as well (I'll probably keep those
packages maintained to the latest point release for the released series).

On 28/11/13 20:10, Ian Booth wrote:
> Also mongoexport (used in the new juju backup plugin)
>
> On Fri 29 Nov 2013 03:53:06 EST, William Reade wrote:
>> The mongodump and mongorestore binaries would also be extremely
>> useful.
>>
>> Cheers William
>>

>> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM, James Page
>> <james.p...@canonical.com>wrote:
>>

>> ********* *BEGIN ENCRYPTED or SIGNED PART* *********
>>
>> On 28/11/13 14:18, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
>>> It would be good to have the "mongo" binary available and
>>> working as well, also under that juju-specific namespace. This
>>> is the console client, and will be useful to connect to the
>>> local juju database when debugging issues.
>>
>> Makes sense - added.
>>
>> -- James Page Technical Lead Ubuntu Server Team
>> james.p...@canonical.com
>>

>> ********** *END ENCRYPTED or SIGNED PART* **********

>>> settings or unsubscribe at:

>> settings or unsubscribe at: