whether it supports gh:<username> is somewhat dependent on distro version,
afaics precise versions of ssh-import-id do not support it. if we want to
support the large repository of keys and users from gh on precise, we
should just implement the lookup and addition in go.. key retrieval from
either lh/gh is a simple http get away.