I don't think this is related to the amount of memory provided, especially
as Daniele is using the local provider.

2014-02-03 16:07:23 INFO juju.worker.uniter context.go:255 HOOK Unable
to open /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/.replace - Permission denied
2014-02-03 16:07:23 INFO juju.worker.uniter context.go:255 HOOK
apparmor_parser: Unable to replace "/usr/sbin/mysqld".  Permission
denied; attempted to load a profile while confined?

Looks like an apparmor issue to me.