Ahh, yes, hmm, I didn't really think about it, and figured import . was
giving them access to unexported symbols (since I've never used import .,
since it always seemed like a Bad Idea).  However, it doesn't do that, you
still only have access to exported symbols.

Well, nevermind.  That's just terrible.  It's just black box testing the
same as any external tests, except obfuscated because you're not using the
package name.  I don't know why you'd ever want to do that.