> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM, roger peppe <rogpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If anyone, like me, has been frustrated when debugging
>> bootstrap failures and having the bootstrap
>> machine torn down immediately on failure,
>> a quick and relatively easy workaround for that
>> is to "kill -STOP" the juju bootstrap process
>> while it's doing the ssh commands.
>>
>> You'll continue to see the ssh commands execute,
>> but the parent process will stop when they finish,
>> allowing you time to ssh into the bootstrap machine
>> and inspect it.
>>
>> kill -CONT to allow the process to complete its cleanup.

Faboo. Thank you Roger.

For the past few weeks, when I see CI failing during boostrap, I have
have employed a two strategies. Sometime I replay the test and ssh
into the machine immediately and tail logs. Sometimes in the case of
ec2, I add termination protection, then do an autopsy on the machine.

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations