On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Tim Penhey <tim.pen...@canonical.com> wrote:
> On 17/04/14 13:24, David Cheney wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:22 AM, Tim Penhey <tim.pen...@canonical.com>
>> wrote:

>>> So are you saying that the juju codebase exercises conditions that
>>> aren't covered in upstream golang tests?
>>
>> Yes
>>

>>> Are they adding tests so it doesn't happen again?
>>
>> Yes
>
> This is actually kinda cool.

I'm glad that we can help make Go more reliable. Issues which have
been reported in the past on closed source codebases have required
significant hoop jumping to get to the point of a reproducable test
case.

As an open source project we can help the upstream reproduce issues by
just pointing them to our source and helping them get there
development environment going. All I did was deploy cs:trusty/ubuntu,
checkout juju and run make install-dependencies, then handed over the
keys.

> Is there a release log for 1.3 that describes the changes from 1.2?

It's being written, we're still > 4 weeks out from release, so is not
complete, http://tip.golang.org/doc/go1.3