On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Curtis Hovey-Canonical <
cur...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Esteemed nephologists,
>
> My hopes to setup a jenkins slave to test on ppc64el on a remote
> network using juju itself are vexed.
>
> Juju CI is currently in ec2. While I could update many tests to use
> ssh to run on any remote machine, setting up a jenkins slave on other
> machines (even in other networks) is faster. The ssh/config is already
> setup and the unit tests are already using one of the machines on the
> remote network. This command fails:
>
>     juju add-machine --constraints "arch=ppc64" ssh:ubuntu@slave-ppc64
>     ERROR no matching tools available

Have you managed to do this before with any arch? I did verify that we can
provision machines over SSH into non-manual environments, however the
machines had to be on the same private network.

I think this error happens because juju visited streams.canonical.com,
> which has a mirror pointing to juju-dist.s3.amazonaws.com. EC2 doesn't
> have any ppc64 tools (ppc64el and powerpc to be precise).
>
> Is there another way to add tools the the env or tell it where to find
> tools (and ignore the mirror data)?

I think you want to prepare the ppc64 tools locally, and then use "juju
sync-tools --source <local-dir>".

I could republish the extra tools to each certified public cloud so