On 06/06/14 01:28, roger peppe wrote:
> Unfortunately that means that the import identifier isn't intuitive,
> but perhaps that's ok.
>

> On 5 June 2014 14:27, roger peppe <rogpe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 5 June 2014 14:20, Nate Finch <nate.fi...@canonical.com> wrote:
>>> We're making a lot of standalone repos on github so that teams external to
>>> core can reuse core's code.
>>> I think we need to disambiguate between repos that are generally only of use
>>> when working with juju, and repos that are more general purpose.  For
>>> example, errgo is a general use package that anyone else could use.
>>> However, there are some pretty vague packages under juju that are really
>>> juju only, such as the names package.
>>>
>>> If anyone has a good idea of how to disambiguate the two, I think it would
>>> be really useful, so we can point people to all the reusable code that's
>>> getting produced by Juju.
>>
>> Perhaps "juju-*"?
>>
>> e.g.
>> github.com/juju/juju-names.

I'm personally -1 on the import identifiers not being intuitive.

IIRC the package name is the name inside the code at the location right?

So if we had the current code repository renamed, then the import would
be "github.com/juju/juju-names" and throughout the code, it would use
"names" - is that right?

I'm wondering how the go linter in sublime would like that.

Tim