On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 6:23 AM, Andrew Wilkins <
andrew.wilk...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to say that availability zone support for AWS and OpenStack
> has now landed on trunk, and will be available in 1.19.4. I'll write a blog
> post and maybe even some docs about it, but for now here's a brief
> description how you can use this feature.

Thanks Andrew, this is awesome.

Just to clarify the situation a bit further:

  * the azure provider already distributes instances for availability (but
doesn't use the AZ concept, and so won't expose a `zone=` placement
directive)
  * the maas provider doesn't, yet, but this is forthcoming imminently
  * the joyent provider doesn't, and certainly won't until joyent supports
AZs
  * the local and manual providers don't, and probably won't ever

Cheers
William