Dear all, backup and restore is yet again broken.
In this case: restore for HA

Nate suggested that I sent an email at the end of my day to see if anyone
wanted to cooperate so here goes a very short report of my findings so far,
please excuse the disorder this is data as it streamed form my head.

http://juju-ci.vapour.ws:8080/job/functional-ha-backup-restore-devel/ (from
#107 on) I debugged it a bit today and found that the problem is most
likely around the section of restore which runs the following bash script:
https://github.com/juju/juju/blob/master/cmd/plugins/juju-restore/restore.go#L105

Checking the output of the CI restore test (which I ran on my machine) I
found that that apparently one of the invocations to mongo fails:

In the line 317 of https://pastebin.canonical.com/111884/ you can see that
mongo returns something: [object Object] this usually happens when there is
an error. I adventure this is line 155 from restore.go but when connecting
to the machine and performing the query by hand it works.
I see a possible culprit on line 152 of restore.go that sleep should not be
there and instead 167 should, this might be triggering a race condition.

Ill be running a test with that change tonight while I sleep but if anyone
spots anything else wants to chime in (perhaps you know of a change made
elsewhere that might trigger this issue) you are more than welcome.

Finally yes, we are re writing this thing currently, but we need to fix
this version in the mean time.

Cheers.
--
Horacio DurĂ¡n.