On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM, Curtis Hovey-Canonical <
cur...@canonical.com> wrote:

> This is the current list of regressions that block a release
>
> C:/Juju/lib/juju/nonce.txt does not exist, bootstrap failed in win
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1342725
>     reported 2014-07-16, but is a manifestation of an evolving
>     issue from June
>
> Juju restore fails Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1342937
>     reported  2014-07-16, but is a manifestation of the brittlity
>     of the backup-restore feature whic breaks ever few weeks.
>
> ec2 changes? rising failure rate in ec2 health checks
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1345638
>     report 2014-07-20. This is very ambiguous. ec2 is
>     behaving differently and Juju doesn't handle it well.
>     I have been tuning ci and the ec2 config to resolve this,
>     but the fact is juju faults.
>
> Manual provider does not respond after bootstrap
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju-core/+bug/1347715
>     reported 2014-07-23. Broken by commit d57b76cd

I manually bootstrapped using trunk a couple of days ago just fine. Looking
at the job's console output, it looks like a problem obtaining tools to me.
Is the machine able to access the Internet?

2014-07-24 01:03:17 WARNING juju.environs.bootstrap synctools.go:187
no prepackaged tools available
2014-07-24 01:03:17 INFO juju.environs.bootstrap synctools.go:34
checking that upload is possible
2014-07-24 01:03:17 ERROR juju.environs.bootstrap synctools.go:193
Juju cannot bootstrap because no tools are available for your
environment.
An attempt was made to build and upload appropriate tools but this was
unsuccessful.