On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Ian Booth <ian.bo...@canonical.com> wrote:

> I and others agree with the intent of the change but not the
> implementation, nor

the impact it has on developers. Perhaps a change of this nature might have
> been
> raised on the list before being committed to ensure there was broad
> agreement it
> was the right thing to do, and didn't adversely impact things.

You mean like the email I sent to the list 9 days ago entitled "running
godeps in a test"? :)

In the all team meeting, we talked about this some more.

We've figured out that using godeps to print dependencies fails if you've
installed Go from the PPA rather than from source, so that's why we're
 getting different results (Tim & Ian have the PPA, I have the source).

We're reverting the change for now, until we can fix godeps to work with Go
from the PPA.

Note that reverting the change will put dependencies.tsv back into a bad
state, where it's missing bitbucket.org/kardianos/osext

-Nate